International Safety Week
2023-01-15 - 2023-01-21
Snowmobiling is a fun and exciting family activity enjoyed by over 4 million people across the United States and Canada. The sport is a safe and an enjoyable form of recreation if done properly and with respect. The purpose of International Snowmobile Safety Week is to expose people to safe snowmobiling practices and to demonstrate how operating safely can prevent mishaps
Safe Snowmobiling Means…
1. Never consume alcohol or drugs before or during snowmobiling.
2. Become familiar with the snowmobile you ride.
3. Operate at safe and reasonable speeds.
4. Stay on trails and areas where snowmobiling is permitted.
5. Avoid travel on unfamiliar frozen bodies of water.
6. Using extra caution at night.
7. Keep your snowmobile properly maintained.
8. Become familiar with the terrain you will travel on.
9. Listen to the weather forecast before you leave.
10. Always wear a helmet and proper clothing.
11. Never riding alone, and letting someone know where you are going and when you plan to return.
12. Carrying emergency supplies and learning survival skills.
We will be sharing safety tips and information all week on our social media channels.